- Coding our Dot and Dash Robots through a maze
- Creating a scene for our "Santa in Hawaii" book in Explain Everything (They had created their Santa characters the day before in class)
- Making Christmas chains to hang on our Christmas Tree
- Cutting and creating paper snowflakes to decorate our classroom
- Making a snowman ornament for our tree and for them to take home and keep (with their cute faces)
We took their digital drawing and put it into iMovie on their iPads. The kids added music and a voiceover of a poem they wrote about what they love about themselves and their families.
Next, we put their videos on YouTube to create a unique URL. We then created a QR code out of that URL. The kids created a Christmas card directing their parents to scan the QR code. When they did, this is what popped up on their phone our iPad (Note: I wrioe a quick email encouraging parents to download a QR code scanner the day before the cards went home).