Required App and Robots!
You will need...
Create the Board!!
Follow these steps as close as you can! To "decode" the secret words, our boards are going to have to be the same in dimensions. I tried to keep the creation easy while using materials you will find in most elementary schools and classrooms. So here is what you need to do:
- Cut a 7 by 7 inch square!
- Get a big piece of butcher paper!
- Trace the 7 by 7 inch square to create a 5 by 5 grid board.
- You will also need an extra squares on the top left and an bottom right.
- The top left will be your starting block and bottom right will be for the letter Z.
- Speaking of letters, once you have the grid created write a letter in each box!
- It should look something like this below!
Download The Secret Word Coding Sheet!
The Question and Secret Word!!
Hint: We were getting better results (with our older model Dot and Dash) when we changed the speed to slow! Running the code fast was not working as well ;)
Mr Lee's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally TWEET us @mrleesbees to let us know you sent the code our way! We will tweet you back the answer and then send you a question back in an email! Let's do this!!
Coding is so much fun!
Mr Lee's First Grade Bees, Honolulu, HI